Kind Words Are Sweet Tones of the Heart

 


"Let us all speak kind words to each other." ~Church hymn

Here are some kinds words given to me recently.

"If you delegate to Sister Scott, you know you can sleep at night." ~President Lee

Sister Lee at a zone conference told the sisters that not only was I good at what I do, but I was also FUN!

"You are a diamond in the rough. You were meant to be here (in my missionary position as mission secretary) at this time."  ~Housing coordinator Elder Kerby

Every time I see President Keller, counselor to President Lee, he always commends me, telling me that I am so good at what I do.  The last time he saw me he said that he could tell I give my all.  

President Gibbons, other counselor to President Lee asked me one day, as I hit my year mark, what my plans were.  He thought I was leaving.  I told him I was planning on a 3 year mission.  He looked at me with the warmest eyes and gratitude in his heart.  I could tell.   "Thank you," he said,   "You have given me the best news of the day." 

Yesterday Sister O'Keef, vehicle coordinator, told me that she is so happy to have served this mission so she could meet me!

Elder Newcomer, AP, Sister Scott carries the mission on her back. 

Thank you.  This all means a lot. I write these things down to remember, not to brag. :)


Oh, the kind words we give shall in memory live

And sunshine forever impart.

Let us oft speak kind words to each other;

Kind words are sweet tones of the heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Duties and Joys of Serving as an LDS Mission Secretary

Believe

My Blessing